It is one of the most famous touristic place of Marche Region thanks to their long sandy beaches (the famous “velvet” beach whit fine sand), and thanks to the nightlife and the historic center.
Since 1997 to today, Senigallia receives Blue Flag award, an award for those locations that guarantee quality of bathing water, attention to environmental management, information to the tourist, services and safety on the beach.
Senigallia is the best choice for a day at the beach, for an enjoyable evening or for a walk to discover its historical treasures.
- Places to visit:
- The beach and the sea
- The premises in front of the sea
- The alleys of the old town
- Palazzo Ducale
- Annonario Forum
- La Rocca (and its photographic exhibitions)
- Archaeological Area La Fenice
- The Rotonda at the sea
Events not to be missed:
- Summer Jamboree - the festival dedicated to the music and culture of the 50s – from 4 to 12 August 2012 - www.summerjamboree.com
- The white Night (about mid-July)
- The market of Sant 'Agostino – from 27 to 30 August
- Celebrations of August
- Fireworks at the end of summer (end of August)